Sea Grant/NMFS Graduate Fellowship Program in Population and Ecosystem Dynamics and Marine Resource Economics
This opportunity is currently closed.
The NMFS-Sea Grant Joint Fellowship Program in Population and Ecosystem Dynamics and Marine Resource Economics is designed to help Sea Grant fulfill its broad educational responsibilities and to strengthen the collaboration between Sea Grant and the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS). Since 1999, Sea Grant and NMFS have partnered to train graduate students in two specialized areas: population and ecosystem dynamics as well as marine resource economics. Population and ecosystem dynamics involve the study of fish populations and marine ecosystems to better assess fishery stock conditions and dynamics.
The goals of the NOAA Fisheries/Sea Grant Fellowship Program are:
- To encourage qualified applicants to pursue careers in either population and ecosystem dynamics and stock assessment or in marine resource economics
- To increase available expertise related to these fields
- To foster closer relationships between academic scientists and NOAA Fisheries
- To provide real-world experience to graduate students and accelerate their career development
For more information, please visit the NOAA NMFS-SG Fellowship page.
The Application Deadline for students was Thursday, January 30, 2020, 5:00 PM EST
Please contact Kathy Villarreal at the Maine Sea Grant Program as soon as you have decided to apply for the fellowship (207-581-1435 or email Kathy), so we can discuss the process and timeline for your proposal, track the number of applications coming in, and help answer questions during proposal preparation. Letters of recommendation should be addressed to NOAA Fisheries/Sea Grant Fellowship Program Manager.
2020 Application Materials:
There are two separate funding numbers for the two portions of this competition. The 2020 NOAA Fisheries/Sea Grant Fellowship Federal Funding Opportunities for both Marine Resource Economics and Population and Ecosystem Dynamics are available via grants.gov
Please visit Grants.Gov, click the “Search Grants” tab, and enter the following Funding Opportunity Numbers, or click the links below to view and download the full announcement and submission forms:
- Population and Ecosystem Dynamics Federal Funding Opportunity – NOAA-OAR-SG-2020-2006263
- Marine Resource Economics Federal Funding Opportunity – NOAA-OAR-SG-2020-2006261