Aquaculture Hub Request for Proposals
Maine Aquaculture Hub 2022 Request for Proposals:
Supporting Innovation & Outreach in the Aquaculture Sector
This opportunity is closed.
Requesting proposals for projects seeking to
Address Farm Challenges and Improve Outreach
Deadline for Proposals: Wednesday, March 2, 2022
In its third and final request for proposals (RFP), the Maine Aquaculture Hub is looking to fund short-term projects that aim to address immediate needs of the aquaculture sector under two particular topics:
- Marketing, consumer awareness, or outreach and engagement efforts to amplify the Maine brand for aquaculture products and/or improve understanding of Maine aquaculture.
A total of $182,000 is available to fund project(s) under this topic area; proposals of any amount (up to $182,000) will be considered.
- Development of innovative shellfish culture gear to minimize social conflicts. Proposed work should develop or purchase innovative shellfish culture gear for planned evaluation and comparison of the innovative gear with standard gear types, regarding topics that could address but are not limited to:
- Shellfish yield
- Gear management including biofouling control
- Potential for crop diversification
- Potential to reduce social conflicts
A total of $75,000 is available to fund project(s) in this topic area; proposals of any amount (up to $75,000) will be considered.
The Maine Aquaculture Hub is a network for strengthening aquaculture in Maine, connecting organizations and individuals across the state. The steering committee consists of representatives from Maine Sea Grant, the Maine Aquaculture Association, Coastal Enterprises, Inc., the Maine Aquaculture Innovation Center, and the University of Maine Aquaculture Research Institute.