Research & Program Development Projects
Maine Sea Grant supports scientific research that addresses issues of importance to Maine’s coastal communities. Proposals are requested through a biennial research competition (next RFP is in 2019). We also provide project development funds for seed or pilot projects throughout the year. See the Funding page for more information.
- DV-08-003 Striped bass movement in the lower Penobscot: Do they stay or do they go?
- DV-08-004 Identifying biomarkers for detecting disease in Eastern Oysters
- R-06-02 Are Maine’s marshes drowning? Determining the life cycle of salt marsh pannes
- R-06-03 Integrated mariculture with Porphyra (“nori”) to achieve sustainable aquaculture and new food products
- R-06-04 Developing and evaulating biological reference points for the american lobster (Homarus americanus) fishery management
- DV-12-23 Evaluating a new energy future for Isle au Haut
- DV-10-24 Coastal and Marine Mercury Ecosystem Research Collaborative Conference