It’s cold outside and daylight continues to dwindle, but December is also a time of heightened activity with pre-holiday preparations and travel. There are plenty of opportunities to affordably indulge in oysters all along the Oyster Trail, as well as some deals for purchasing oysters for serving at home. Remember, oysters are a good source of protein and immune-supporting zinc—in case you needed another excuse.
Dollar oyster days and nights
- Portland: The Shop always
- Rockland: Primo Restaurant on Sunday
- New Harbor: The Harbor Room on Monday
- Portland: Blythe & Burrows on Wednesday
- Yarmouth: Bistro 233 on Wednesday
- Brunswick: Tao Yuan on Thursday
Happy hour deals
- Portland: Scales, $1 oysters Sunday-Thursday, 4-6 p.m.
- Portland: Hot Suppa, $1 oysters Tuesday-Saturday, 4-6 p.m.
- Damariscotta: King Eider Pub, half dozen at half-price, occasional
- Belfast: Ondine Oyster + Wine Bar, $1.50 oysters, occasional
- Blue Hill: Deepwater Brewing Company, discounts on Thursdays 4:30-8:00
- Bar Harbor: The Barnacle, Midnight Madness sales, occasional
Holiday season specials
Bar Harbor: Bar Harbor Oyster Company, $15/dozen.
Many farms harvest through at least December – check with your local oyster farmer to see if any deals are available!
Did we miss a deal? Let us know!